This innovative programme of study is designed to give you the skills you need to move your career, your organisation and your local region forward. It allows you to work with leaders and managers from across the region, developing innovative solutions to problems while meeting your own learning objectives.
This programme was initially developed for the Sheffield City Region. It is the first time that a strategic approach to leadership across all public services, private and third sector organisations has been adopted. This collaborative approach enables skill sharing across sectors, improved services and enhances the region’s ability to respond positively to current challenges.
The programme successfully demonstrates that value is created by cross-agency working and harnesses the synergies between public, private and third sector organisations to develop broader partnership working.
The programme is delivered jointly by Sheffield Hallam University and the University of Sheffield, through Business Advantage.
This programme offers much more than just a qualification. It gives you the leadership skills and techniques needed to help you and your organisation succeed. The focus is on developing entrepreneurial initiative and giving our leaders the skills they need to make a difference to peoples lives.
• create a social network and develop the ability to work collaboratively with peers in other organisations
• learn approaches to deliver better outcomes with less resources
• develop innovative solutions and coordinate services around user needs
• build the in-house consultancy skills necessary to tackle current business challenges
• become part of a dynamic leadership academy that can deliver improved results for your own organisation and local partnerships
The course is aimed at existing senior and middle managers and potential future leaders. You need to be educated to degree level or have equivalent work-based experience.
• Leadership, coaching and action learning
• Building a culture of innovation and improvement
• Initiating, adapting to and managing change
• Developing customer-centric services
• Business focus underpinning service planning and control
The programme has been developed collaboratively between Sheffield Hallam University and the University of Sheffield and is delivered at both institutions.
You attend eight days of formal study workshops, delivered in four blocks of two days. In addition, there are four master classes and four half days of group work, supplemented by independent study.
There are four modes of delivery used across the programme.
• study workshops - held over two consecutive days
• one-to-one coaching
• master classes - which take place between 4.00 -8.00pm
• action learning sets - half day sessions (cross-organisational teams where you apply your learning to a shared strategic challenge)
The programme is designed to be completed in nine months.